Run comparison overview#
Once you've selected which runs to compare in the runs table, click Compare runs in the left pane to switch to the comparison views.
In this section, you can compare any metadata that were logged as series of values (with the
log() method). For example, metrics and losses.
- You can filter the displayed charts with the Filter widgets input box, and click Save as new to save the result as a custom dashboard.
- To show additional fields in the legend, pin the columns in the runs table.
You can compare images between selected runs, for example:
- for computer vision problems, such as classification, object detection, and segmentation.
- to compare custom metrics logged as images using a visualization library, such as Matplotlib.
To have more information and context in a single view, you may want to create a custom dashboard where you include:
- A Single image comparison widget for the image you wish to compare between runs.
- A Chart widget where you display relevant metrics.
The Parallel coordinates view is built with the HiPlot visualization tool. It shows the parameters and metrics that are different between selected runs.
You can use it to:
- See how model parameters affect the metrics.
- Explore different parameter and metric ranges by selecting a range of a metric or a parameter of interest.
- Download the comparison as CSV or PNG.
HiPlot on GitHub
This table view focuses on the differences between selected runs.
- To filter out fields that are the same for each run, tick the Rows with diff only box.
- To see the change in values relative to the reference run, tick the Show cell changes box.
- To set the reference run, click the pin icon () on the header row.
Click the eye icon () to remove a run from the comparison view.
If you tracked artifacts for your selected runs, you can compare their metadata differences in this section.
This includes differences in path, size, MD5 hash, and which runs use the given artifact version.
You can only contrast artifacts between two runs at once.
To see the metadata visualized in multiple ways in a single place, you can combine and display widgets of your choosing to create a custom dashboard.
Your custom dashboards are available project-wide, underneath the built-in comparison views.