Neptune extension for JupyterLab and Notebook#
I just want to use Neptune in my notebook
The extension is about snapshotting and uploading notebook checkpoints to your Neptune project.
To just use the Neptune API in a Jupyter notebook, here's what to add to your cells:
Not actively maintained
We do not currently maintain the Neptune-Jupyter extension. However, you can use it with the following caveats:
- (If using JupyterLab) Only works with version
3.xor below of JupyterLab.
- To use the CLI component of the extension, you need to be on version
0.16.xor below of neptune-client.
- We deprecated part of the feature that associates notebook checkpoints with runs. As such, the Activate button in the extension toolbar currently serves no purpose.
JupyterLab and Jupyter Notebook are popular IDEs used by data scientists for task such as data exploration, model training, error analysis, and reporting. With the neptune-notebooks extension, you can snapshot your notebook code and have more options for notebook versioning and comparison in Neptune.
The extension enables the following:
- Log and display notebook checkpoints either manually or automatically during model training.
- Connect notebook checkpoints with model training runs in Neptune.
- Organize checkpoints with names and descriptions.
- Browse checkpoints history across all Notebooks in the project.
- Compare notebooks side by side, with diffs for source, markdown, output, and execution count cells.
- Share notebook checkpoints or diffs with persistent links.
- Download notebook checkpoints directly from Neptune or Jupyter.