View Jupyter notebooks in Neptune#
Not actively maintained
We do not currently maintain the Neptune-Jupyter extension. We have plans of rebuilding it in the future.
Existing users can still use the current version, with the following caveats:
- You need to be on version
0.16.xor below of the old Neptune client library called
neptune-client. You cannot use this extension with version
- We deprecated part of the feature that associates notebook checkpoints with runs. As such, the Activate button in the extension toolbar currently serves no purpose.
- (If using JupyterLab) Only works with version
3.xor below of JupyterLab.
The Notebooks tab shows all the notebooks which have been uploaded to the current project.
When you select a notebook, two tabs appear on the right:
- Details: Contains the ID, size, creation date, latest checkpoint, owner, description, and associated runs of the selected notebook.
Checkpoints: Shows all the checkpoints of the notebook.
Click a checkpoint to see the details in the main pane.
To see changes between notebook versions as a diff view:
- In the Notebooks tab, click Compare.
Select which notebooks to compare against each other.
You can select the same notebook and choose different checkpoints.
To find all notebook checkpoints connected with a specific Neptune run:
In the run view, navigate to Source code → Notebook snapshot.