User roles overview#
Roles are configured separately for workspaces and projects.
Roles in a workspace#
Workspace roles apply only to team workspaces.
Summary of workspace permissions:
|Managing subscription (including invoice data)||yes||no|
|Managing workspace members||yes||no|
|Disabling creation of public projects||yes||no|
You can access workspace settings by clicking the workspace name in the top-left corner.
- An admin of a workspace is also the owner of all projects and can grant workspace ownership to anyone in the workspace.
- A workspace must have at least one admin, so the last remaining admin cannot be removed from the workspace.
Roles in a project#
Summary of project permissions:
|Viewing project content||yes||yes||yes|
|Editing project content||yes||yes||no|
|Viewing project members||yes||yes||yes|
|Editing project members||yes||no||no|
|Viewing or editing project settings and properties||yes||no||no|
- Content permissions: executing runs, creating notebooks, and modifying previously stored data.
- Member permissions: inviting project members and changing their roles.
- Project owners can grant project ownership to anyone in the workspace.
- Project permissions: setting the visibility of the project (